Netflix to take a swing at tennis in new docuseries
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Netflix is taking a swing at tennis next.
The streaming service announced Friday that it is planning a documentary series about Grand Slam tournaments and the men's and women's professional tennis tours.
Netflix said it is teaming up with the same London-based production company that made "Formula 1: Drive to Survive," credited by many with boosting the popularity of that auto racing circuit.
Filming for the tennis series is under way at the Australian Open.
The year's first Grand Slam tournament begins Monday — and the run-up has been filled with intrigue over whether No. 1-ranked Novak Djokovic will be allowed to remain in the country despite not being vaccinated.
More AP tennis: https://apnews.com/hub/tennis and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Swiatek's versatility behind her impressive 28-match winning streak
- Swiatek defends Italian Open title with 28th straight win
- Iga Swiatek equals Serena Williams with 27-match winning streak
- Swiatek asserts No. 1 status with win over Andreescu in Rome
- Svitolina: Russian, Belarusian players must address war in Ukraine