Kudus leads Ghana to pulsating win over South Korea
AL RAYYAN, Qatar (AP) — Mohammed Kudus scored twice, including the go-ahead goal after South Korea evened the match in the second half, and Ghana staved off elimination at the World Cup with a 3-2 victory on Monday.
Mohammed Salisu also scored for the Black Stars, who lost their opening match against Portugal and were in need of points for a chance to reach the knockout round in Qatar.
Down 2-0, Cho Geu-sung scored both of South Korea’s goals about three minutes apart early in the second half to even the game at 2-2.
South Korea forward Son Heung-min remained without a goal in Qatar. The Tottenham forward wore a mask to protect a broken left eye socket he sustained in a Champions League game against Marseille earlier this month.
- Expanded 2026 World Cup to feature 4-team groups, 104 total matches
- Messi leaves open possibility of playing at 2026 World Cup
- With Rubiales out, Spanish soccer can leave embarrassing chapter behind
- Rubiales says he'll resign as Spanish FA president after Hermoso kiss
- Neymar surpasses Pele as top scorer in history of Brazil's men's team