Leafs' Murray out until after All-Star break with ankle injury
The Maple Leafs had scheduled Murray to start Friday's contest against the Ottawa Senators but moved him to the backup role after his injury flared up in warmups. The club plays two more games before entering the All-Star break.
Toronto doesn't expect Murray's ailment to be a long-term issue, Masters reports. An adductor injury sidelined the 28-year-old for 14 games earlier in the campaign.
The Leafs subsequently recalled goaltender Joseph Woll on an emergency basis from the AHL. The 24-year-old has posted a 12-1-0 record and a .928 save percentage with the Toronto Marlies this season.
Toronto faces the Washington Capitals on Sunday and the Boston Bruins on Wednesday.
- Brind'Amour roasts Canes' effort vs. Oilers: Top players 'gotta show up'
- Norris Trophy Rankings: It's a 2-horse race between Makar, Hughes
- Malkin laments ice-cold power play after loss to Bolts: 'We don't have confidence'
- Promising Stars prospect Logan Stankoven may be small, but all he does is score
- Kane to make Red Wings debut Thursday vs. Sharks