Matthews returns from 2-game absence in loss to Bruins
Toronto Maple Leafs star Auston Matthews got back in action Saturday against the Boston Bruins.
He scored a goal and added three shots in over 20 minutes of ice time during the 4-3 loss to Boston.
Matthews missed two games due to an undisclosed injury. The Maple Leafs defeated the Nashville Predators and lost to the Detroit Red Wings without him in the lineup.
The 25-year-old entered Saturday with 20 goals and 47 points in 41 games this season after winning the 2022 Hart Trophy.
Maple Leafs forwards Pontus Holmberg and Bobby McMann missed the team's morning skate due to illness and didn't suit up for the evening's contest.
- Boeser up to league-leading 17 goals as Canucks hand Ducks 7th straight loss
- Canucks trade Beauvillier to Blackhawks
- Blackhawks terminating Perry's contract due to 'unacceptable' conduct
- Watch: Leafs squeak out shootout victory after Panthers' winner overturned
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings