Golden Knights re-up Nicolas Roy on 5-year pact
Roy was a restricted free agent coming off a two-year deal with a cap hit of $750,000.
The 25-year-old established career highs with 15 goals, 24 assists, and 78 games played this past season. It was his first time playing more than 50 NHL contests since debuting with Vegas in 2017-18.
The Carolina Hurricanes drafted Roy 96th overall in 2015, but he only played seven games over two seasons for the club. The Canes traded him to the Golden Knights in 2019 in a deal that landed them forward Erik Haula.
- Dumba not worried about trade, extension entering contract year
- Canucks' Boeser expected to miss start of season after hand surgery
- Fantasy: 5 potential NHL sleepers to steal late in drafts
- Ranking the NHL's 6 best defense pairings entering 2022-23
- Panarin seeking more complete game: 'I need to be everywhere'