Maple Leafs' Marner unharmed after armed carjacking in Toronto
Toronto Maple Leafs star Mitch Marner was the victim of a carjacking Monday night in Toronto, the team confirmed Tuesday.
The 25-year-old is unharmed, and the Toronto Police Service has asked that neither the team nor Marner comments further on the incident since the investigation is ongoing.
The Maple Leafs are scheduled to hold their exit interviews Tuesday following their elimination from the 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs, but Marner will not be available to the media, according to The Canadian Press' Joshua Clipperton.
Toronto police tweeted details Monday about a carjacking in Toronto's Etobicoke neighborhood involving three suspects who fled in the stolen vehicle. Two were armed with handguns, while one had a knife. Police are encouraging anyone with information to contact them.
- Latvia stuns USA in overtime to win bronze at Worlds
- Dellandrea's late pair helps Stars stun Golden Knights, force Game 6
- 'Golden Misfits' as valuable as ever, 2023 draft FAQ, and 4 other NHL items
- Germany shocks U.S. to set up gold-medal clash with Canada at Worlds
- Canada heads to gold-medal game with comeback win vs. Latvia at Worlds