Kessel to miss training camp with foot injury
Armstrong noted he's hopeful that Kessel's recovery will take two to three weeks, per Morgan. That timeline would have Kessel on track to be ready just in time for the Coyotes' first regular-season game of the 2021-22 season on Oct. 14.
Head coach Andre Tourigny said the 33-year-old sustained the injury a couple of weeks ago while training.
Kessel is currently riding a 900-game ironman streak. He led Arizona with 43 points over 56 games last season.
- Senators' Murray headed to IR, Pinto to miss 1-2 weeks
- Muzzin laments Leafs' blowout loss to Penguins: 'It's inexcusable'
- Watch: Seattle welcomes Kraken, boos Bettman at home opener
- Report: Devils' Blackwood vaccinated, to be cleared by December
- Perreault's hat trick leads Canadiens to 1st win of season