Report: Coyotes ink Galchenyuk to professional tryout
The 27-year-old forward signed a professional tryout deal in the desert Tuesday, according to TSN's Pierre LeBrun.
Galchenyuk played for the Coyotes during the 2018-19 season, recording 41 points over 72 games. He's played for six teams throughout his NHL career thus far, including the Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins, Minnesota Wild, Ottawa Senators, and, most recently, Toronto Maple Leafs.
The Leafs were pleasantly surprised by Galchenyuk's performance last campaign after acquiring him midseason. Galchenyuk registered 12 points across 26 regular-season contests in Toronto.
He's coming off a one-year deal worth $1.05 million.
Galchenyuk has scored 140 goals and 193 assists over 583 career games.
- Senators' Murray headed to IR, Pinto to miss 1-2 weeks
- Muzzin laments Leafs' blowout loss to Penguins: 'It's inexcusable'
- Watch: Seattle welcomes Kraken, boos Bettman at home opener
- Report: Devils' Blackwood vaccinated, to be cleared by December
- Perreault's hat trick leads Canadiens to 1st win of season