Parise confirms agreement to join Islanders
The contract's details aren't known. Islanders general manager Lou Lamoriello hasn't registered the deal with the NHL, Russo adds.
The Minnesota Wild bought out the final four years of Parise's contract earlier in the offseason. Despite producing decent numbers, the 37-year-old seemed to have fallen out of favor in Minnesota and was a healthy scratch multiple times over the last year.
Parise recorded seven goals and added 11 assists across 45 games last season. He scored 25 goals and contributed 21 helpers over 69 contests during the 2019-20 campaign.
- Senators' Murray headed to IR, Pinto to miss 1-2 weeks
- Muzzin laments Leafs' blowout loss to Penguins: 'It's inexcusable'
- Watch: Seattle welcomes Kraken, boos Bettman at home opener
- Report: Devils' Blackwood vaccinated, to be cleared by December
- Perreault's hat trick leads Canadiens to 1st win of season