Canadiens sign Mathieu Perreault to 1-year deal
The 33-year-old Quebec native spent the last seven seasons with the Winnipeg Jets. He recorded 19 points in 56 games while averaging 11:43 of ice time this past campaign.
Perreault is a versatile, two-way player who can slot in at both center and winger, providing a boost to the Canadiens' depth.
Perreault, who played three minor-league seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, was drafted by the Washington Capitals in 2006. He's also suited up for the Anaheim Ducks. Perreault has 343 points in 683 career NHL games.
- Crosby hoping Ovechkin reaches Gretzky's goal record: 'It would be awesome'
- Sharks' Kane confident he'll be cleared in gambling investigation
- 'It could've been devastating': Maurice relieved to have stability on defense
- Five years ago, North America's young guns electrified the World Cup
- NHL projects 98% full vaccination rate among players before season