Bruins add goaltender Ullmark on 4-year, $20M deal
Ullmark, 27, has spent his entire career with the Buffalo Sabres. Despite Buffalo's last-place finish last season, he posted a .917 save percentage and a 2.63 goals-against average in 20 games.
Ullmark possesses a career .912 save percentage and 2.78 goals-against average over 117 contests.
The signing comes amid questions about Tuukka Rask's future with Boston. It's unclear if the longtime Bruins netminder, currently a free agent, can or wants to return to the Bruins after undergoing surgery for a torn hip labrum, according to TSN's Bob McKenzie. Rask will miss five-to-six months with the injury.
- Crosby hoping Ovechkin reaches Gretzky's goal record: 'It would be awesome'
- Sharks' Kane confident he'll be cleared in gambling investigation
- 'It could've been devastating': Maurice relieved to have stability on defense
- Five years ago, North America's young guns electrified the World Cup
- NHL projects 98% full vaccination rate among players before season