Bruins ink Nick Foligno to 2-year contract
The 14-year veteran was an unrestricted free agent who finished this past season with the Toronto Maple Leafs. He collected seven goals and 13 assists over 49 contests with the Leafs and Columbus Blue Jackets in 2021.
Foligno, who turns 34 in October, battled injury down the stretch. He suited up for only four of Toronto's seven playoff games against the Montreal Canadiens after getting hurt in a game against them late in the regular season.
The Maple Leafs acquired him from the Blue Jackets in April as part of a three-team swap in which the Maple Leafs surrendered a first-round pick and two fourth-rounders.
Foligno served as Blue Jackets captain for six campaigns before the trade.
- Devils' Blackwood confirms he isn't vaccinated due to 'health concerns'
- Report: NHL investigating Evander Kane for potential COVID-19 protocol violation
- Kadri confident teammates trust him after playoff suspension
- Peel admits hot-mic incident was 'a tremendous error in judgement'
- Ranking the NHL's 8 best lines heading into this season