Kraken nab Schwartz on 5-year, $27.5M contract
Schwartz had spent his entire 10-year career with the St. Louis Blues and was one of the marquee names available in this summer's free-agent crop.
He immediately makes Seattle's forward group deeper and should fit seamlessly in the top six.
Schwartz had 21 points in 40 games last season and averaged over 17 minutes per contest. He's appeared in 560 career games and notched 385 points.
St. Louis selected him 14th overall in 2010. He won the Stanley Cup in 2019.
- Devils' Blackwood confirms he isn't vaccinated due to 'health concerns'
- Report: NHL investigating Evander Kane for potential COVID-19 protocol violation
- Kadri confident teammates trust him after playoff suspension
- Peel admits hot-mic incident was 'a tremendous error in judgement'
- Ranking the NHL's 8 best lines heading into this season