Chargers' Bosa likely headed to IR with foot sprain
Los Angeles Chargers pass-rusher Joey Bosa will likely be placed on injured reserve with a foot sprain, head coach Brandon Staley announced Monday, per The Athletic's Daniel Popper.
The 28-year-old will miss at least four games if he is placed on IR after he was hurt in Sunday's 23-20 loss to the Green Bay Packers.
Injuries have derailed several of the Ohio State product's seasons. Bosa hasn't played a full season since the 2019 campaign and already missed Week 4 of this year with hamstring and toe injuries.
Tuli Tuipulotu and Justin Hollins could get more playing time while Bosa is shelved. Tuipulotu, a second-round selection in the 2023 draft, has four sacks and eight tackles for loss.
Bosa is under contract through the 2025 season after signing a five-year, $135-million deal in 2020.
He's racked up 6.5 sacks and six tackles for loss in nine games this year. Since being selected with the No. 3 pick in the 2016 draft, Bosa has amassed 67 sacks and 82 tackles for loss in 93 games.
- Bengals' Higgins, Wilson to play vs. Jaguars; Taylor-Britt ruled out
- Panthers activate Horn, Chinn, Gross-Matos off IR
- Hill? Watt? Bland? Why this could be the year to crown an unusual NFL MVP
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- NFL Week 13 player props: Tempering expectations