Kelce feeling 100% after knee injury: 'Not even thinking about it anymore'
Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce says he's completely healthy ahead of Week 3 after missing the regular-season opener with a hyperextended knee.
"I'm not even thinking about it anymore," Kelce said when asked Thursday if he's feeling 100% on "The Pat McAfee Show." "We're past that. I felt like an absolute idiot not being able to be out there for my team.
"But that's why you always gotta make sure everything's firing in the body, make sure you're all tuned up and really thinking about the movement that you make out there on the field so you don't hurt the team come Sunday."
While Kelce was able to return for last week's win over the Jacksonville Jaguars and caught a touchdown, he finished with only four catches for 26 yards as Kansas City's offense again failed to find its usual dominant form.
The star tight end was a full participant in Wednesday's practice and was no longer listed on the team's injury report.
The 33-year-old is coming off another All-Pro season in which he produced career highs in catches (110) and touchdowns (12). He also set his second-best mark in receiving yards (1,338).
- Bengals' Higgins, Wilson to play vs. Jaguars; Taylor-Britt ruled out
- Panthers activate Horn, Chinn, Gross-Matos off IR
- Hill? Watt? Bland? Why this could be the year to crown an unusual NFL MVP
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- NFL Week 13 player props: Tempering expectations