Report: Texans' Stingley injures hamstring, set to miss Week 3 vs. Jaguars
Houston Texans cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. suffered a hamstring injury in Wednesday's practice, sources told ESPN's DJ Bien-Aime.
Stingley will miss Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars but could miss more contests as his recovery timeline remains undetermined, Bien-Aime adds.
The 22-year-old started the season's first two games, recording nine tackles.
Injuries have plagued the Texans' secondary early in the 2023 campaign. Safety Jimmie Ward missed the first two games with a hip injury but returned to practice in a limited capacity Wednesday. Defensive back Jalen Pitre missed the Week 2 loss to the Indianapolis Colts with a chest injury.
After getting drafted third overall in 2022, hamstring troubles limited Stingley to nine games in his rookie season.
- Bengals' Higgins, Wilson to play vs. Jaguars; Taylor-Britt ruled out
- Panthers activate Horn, Chinn, Gross-Matos off IR
- Hill? Watt? Bland? Why this could be the year to crown an unusual NFL MVP
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- NFL Week 13 player props: Tempering expectations