Report: Giants believe Barkley sprained ankle vs. Cardinals
New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley is believed to have sprained his ankle in Sunday's 31-28 victory over the Arizona Cardinals, sources told NFL insider Jordan Schultz.
The Giants are reportedly under the impression that he dodged a serious injury. Barkley will undergo an MRI on Monday to confirm, Schultz adds.
Barkley suffered the injury while being tackled during a run in the final seconds of the contest. The 26-year-old was helped off the field unable to put weight on his right leg.
The two-time Pro Bowler reportedly had X-rays on his ankle, which came back negative.
Barkley's injury comes ahead of a short week as the Giants are slated to visit the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday Night Football.
He finished Sunday's win with 63 rushing yards, 29 receiving yards, and two touchdowns.
- Chargers' Staley: Johnston's role will expand after Williams' injury
- Kaepernick pens letter to Jets GM for practice squad opportunity
- Rodgers: Jets need to hold poise amid offensive struggles
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 4: Every team's best newcomer
- Packers' Watson expects to make 2023 debut vs. Lions on TNF