Jets add Hardman on 1-year deal
The New York Jets are signing wide receiver Mecole Hardman to a one-year contract, the team announced Thursday.
Hardman spent the last four years with the Kansas City Chiefs, where he made the Pro Bowl as a rookie in 2019 and won two Super Bowls.
The 25-year-old speedster has accumulated 2,088 receiving yards on 151 receptions in his career. He's also scored 18 scrimmage touchdowns, including two rushing scores.
Hardman can contribute in the return game, too. He's returned 62 punts for 555 yards and a touchdown and has 39 kick returns for 927 yards and a score.
Hardman joins a wide receiver room that includes fellow free-agent arrival Allen Lazard and reigning Offensive Rookie of the Year Garrett Wilson, among others.
New York sent receiver Elijah Moore and a third-round pick to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for a second-round selection on Wednesday.
- DeSean Jackson retiring with Eagles after 15 seasons
- Caleb Williams: Declaring for 2024 NFL Draft 'a game-time decision'
- Report: Bucs confident Mayfield will play vs. Panthers despite ankle injury
- Report: Texans' Howard set to miss rest of season with knee injury
- Colts' Taylor hoping to return in 2-3 weeks after thumb surgery