Report: Browns signing Thornhill to 3-year, $21M deal
The Cleveland Browns are signing safety Juan Thornhill to a three-year, $21-million contract, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
Thornhill had three interceptions and nine pass breakups with the Kansas City Chiefs last season.
The 27-year-old safety won two Super Bowls during his four-year tenure with the Chiefs. Thornhill accumulated eight interceptions, 20 pass deflections, and 234 tackles in 65 career games.
Thornhill will join a secondary that includes safety Grant Delpit and cornerbacks Denzel Ward and Greg Newsome.
The Browns ranked 14th in total defense and 20th in points allowed last season.
- DeSean Jackson retiring with Eagles after 15 seasons
- Caleb Williams: Declaring for 2024 NFL Draft 'a game-time decision'
- Report: Bucs confident Mayfield will play vs. Panthers despite ankle injury
- Report: Texans' Howard set to miss rest of season with knee injury
- Colts' Taylor hoping to return in 2-3 weeks after thumb surgery