Sources: Vikings finalizing 2-year, $22M deal with Byron Murphy
The Minnesota Vikings are planning to sign cornerback Byron Murphy to a two-year, $22-million deal, sources told Jordan Schultz, theScore's NFL insider.
The 25-year-old cover man recorded four pass deflections and 0.5 sacks in nine games with the Arizona Cardinals in 2022.
Arizona placed Murphy on season-ending injured reserve in December due to a back ailment.
The former second-round pick has five interceptions, 34 passes defended, three sacks, and 229 tackles in 56 career contests.
Given the lack of established players in the Vikings' secondary, Murphy is expected to operate as Minnesota's top corner.
- Colts' Taylor hoping to return in 2-3 weeks after thumb surgery
- Report: Texans' Howard set to miss rest of season with knee injury
- Rodgers: Return depends on health, Jets' playoff chances
- Panthers owner: 'We are totally confident' in No. 1 pick Bryce Young
- Tomlin: Watt is 'best defensive player on the planet right now'