Report: Chiefs signing Melvin Gordon to practice squad
The Denver Broncos released Gordon on Nov. 21 after he recorded five fumbles in 10 games this season. He was averaging just 3.5 yards per carry, the worst since his rookie year with the then-San Diego Chargers.
Gordon cleared waivers last Tuesday.
The Chiefs' active roster includes running backs Isiah Pacheco, Ronald Jones, and Jerick McKinnon. Former first-rounder Clyde Edwards-Helaire is unavailable after landing on injured reserve last Wednesday with an ankle injury.
Kansas City's rushing offense is ranked 19th in the league with 114.8 yards per game, but the Chiefs still lead the NFL in points per game.
- Report: Dolphins, Austin Jackson ink 3-year, $36M extension
- Report: Steelers' Harris expected to play on TNF despite knee injury
- Ex-Jaguars financial manager accused of stealing more than $22M
- Fields not worried about future with Bears: 'Focused on what I can control'
- Jets going back to Wilson as starting QB vs. Texans