Report: Bucs' Wirfs to miss 3-4 weeks with ankle injury
Tampa Bay Buccaneers right tackle Tristan Wirfs is expected to be out for three-to-four weeks with an ankle injury he suffered in Sunday's overtime loss to the Cleveland Browns, a source told Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Wirfs was carted from the field and it initially appeared as though his injury could be season-ending, but his postgame X-rays were reportedly negative.
Based on the All-Pro's timeline, he should be able to return before the end of the regular season.
However, it's still a significant blow to the struggling Bucs, who sit atop the NFC South despite a disappointing 5-6 record.
The 5-7 Atlanta Falcons are a game behind Tampa Bay, while the Carolina Panthers and New Orleans Saints remain in contention for the division title despite 4-8 records.
Josh Wells will likely fill in at right tackle in Wirfs' absence.
- Arrest warrant issued for Bengals' Mixon for aggravated menacing
- Carr won't extend contract deadline to help facilitate trade
- Mahomes didn't aggravate ankle injury: 'I'm in a good spot'
- Raiders' Crosby blasts 'crybaby' Joey Bosa for complaining about officials
- Ryans: Picking Texans over Broncos was easy decision