Patriots' Smith applauds Jones' approach: He has 'so much dog in him'
"Mac is definitely one of the most goofiest guys in the locker room, to be honest, man. But when he steps on that field, he's a different character," Smith said on "Good Morning Football," according to Kevin Patra of NFL.com. "He's just got so much ability and so much dog in him.
"Once he flips that switch, he's a whole different character. Some guys don't know how to cut that on and cut that off when it's time to do it. He's so young. He's poised. He's got a little swagger to him, man. I'm glad he's throwing us passes. That's my guy."
Jones has garnered recognition from various teammates as he enters Year 2 of his NFL career. Wide receiver Kendrick Bourne said earlier this month that the quarterback's leadership was at "another level now."
The 2021 first-rounder led the Patriots to the postseason and earned a Pro Bowl berth after compiling a 10-7 record during his rookie season. He also threw 22 touchdowns to 13 interceptions.
- Patricia, Judge share play-calling duties in Patriots' preseason opener
- Brady steps away from Bucs until after Aug. 20
- Report: Watson willing to accept 8-game suspension, $5M fine
- Report: Browns to consider Garoppolo if Watson suspension increases
- Fantasy: 10-team mock draft with analysis after every round