Report: Seahawks remain interested in Mayfield, open to giving him extension
The Seattle Seahawks still have a high level of interest in acquiring Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield and are open to giving him a contract extension, a league source told Josina Anderson of CBS Sports HQ.
Mayfield's status with the Browns has been unclear since the team acquired Deshaun Watson from the Houston Texans. The Seahawks and Carolina Panthers have been linked to the quarterback throughout the offseason, though no trade has materialized.
The 27-year-old is entering the final year of his rookie contract and is due just under $18.9 million this season, per Spotrac.
Mayfield was plagued by a shoulder injury for much of the 2021 campaign. He threw a career-low 17 touchdowns to 13 interceptions across 14 starts while also posting an 83.1 passer rating, his lowest since 2019.
The Browns reportedly have no plans to release the quarterback if he remains on the roster come training camp.
- Lawsuit filed against Texans alleges team enabled Watson's actions
- Can Congress actually do anything to Dan Snyder?
- Report: Adrian Peterson-Le'Veon Bell boxing match in the works
- Allen still bothered by losing coin toss in OT playoff loss to Chiefs
- Giants' Thibodeaux 'fully healthy' after dealing with minor hip injury