Brees undecided about future after NBC exit rumors, teases football return
Drew Brees listed a return to football among many of his next possible career ventures Sunday amid rumors that his time at NBC was over.
The 43-year-old retired from the NFL following the 2020 campaign after a 20-year career. He served in the NBC studio and occasionally in the broadcast booth last season.
Brees threw for 2,942 yards and 24 touchdowns against six interceptions during his last NFL season, though his arm strength appeared to decline. He averaged only 7.5 yards per attempt and 245.2 yards per game, his lowest figure since 2005.
The Saints reportedly reached out to the longtime passer about possibly returning for their Week 16 game last season after their quarterback room was shorthanded due to COVID-19 and injuries. Brees ultimately declined.
Saints head coach Dennis Allen told reporters Monday he believes Brees' tweet was made in jest, adding that the team has had no discussions about a potential comeback, per WDSU's Fletcher Mackel.
- Lawsuit filed against Texans alleges team enabled Watson's actions
- Can Congress actually do anything to Dan Snyder?
- Report: Adrian Peterson-Le'Veon Bell boxing match in the works
- Allen still bothered by losing coin toss in OT playoff loss to Chiefs
- Giants' Thibodeaux 'fully healthy' after dealing with minor hip injury