Garoppolo has shoulder sprain, expected to practice Tuesday
Shanahan expects Garoppolo to practice this week before San Francisco visits the Green Bay Packers in the divisional round Saturday.
Garoppolo suffered the injury in the second quarter versus Dallas. The 30-year-old, who didn't miss any offensive snaps in the game, finished the contest with 172 yards and no touchdowns against one interception on 16-of-25 passing.
He missed two games during the regular season due to calf and thumb injuries. Rookie Trey Lance, the third overall pick in the 2021 draft, replaced him in those contests, going 1-1 as a starter.
Shanahan also said there's a good chance star linebacker Fred Warner will be available to face the Packers. Warner couldn't finish the game against the Cowboys due to a low ankle sprain.
- Report: Browns' Watson to meet with NFL officials as probe continues
- Report: Packers, Alexander finalizing 4-year, $84M extension
- Report: Bates to skip OTAs, training camp unless Bengals ink long-term deal
- Antonio Brown wants to retire with the Steelers
- Hyde, Bills commit to helping victims of Buffalo shooting