Report: NFLPA recommends Josh Gordon be reinstated
Gordon is currently awaiting final approval from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell but is ready to play and fully vaccinated, Schefter reports.
The 30-year-old wideout applied for reinstatement in July.
Gordon hasn't taken an NFL snap since the 2019 season when he was a member of the Seattle Seahawks. The former All-Pro was placed on the NFL's suspended list for violating the terms of his conditional reinstatement after re-signing with the Seahawks prior to the 2020 campaign.
The former Pro Bowler, who led the league with 1,646 receiving yards in 2013 as a member of the Cleveland Browns, has missed significant time over the course of his career due to drug-related suspensions.
Gordon made an appearance this past offseason with the Zappers of the Fan Controlled Football league.
In 2019, Gordon appeared in 11 games for the Seahawks and Patriots, hauling in 27 receptions for 426 yards and one touchdown.
- Mahomes exits blowout loss vs. Titans after taking knee to head
- Chase racks up 201 yards as Bengals blow out Ravens
- Jets' Wilson to have MRI on knee, reportedly likely to miss time
- Panthers' Darnold benched in lopsided loss to Giants
- Report: Steelers' Ingram, Broncos' Fuller among possible trade candidates