Saints release Latavius Murray
Murray refused to accept the team's request for a salary reduction, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
The 31-year-old signed a four-year, $14.4-million contract with the Saints in 2019. With the move, New Orleans creates $1 million in cap space while incurring $3.1 million in dead money, according to Over The Cap.
Murray rushed for 656 yards and four touchdowns last season. His 4.5 yards per carry was a career best. The former Pro Bowler also added 23 receptions for 176 yards and one score.
He spent two campaigns with the Saints after suiting up for the Minnesota Vikings in 2017 and '18. He played his first three seasons with the Oakland Raiders, who drafted him in the sixth round in 2013.
- Seahawks' Carroll: I wouldn't have been here a long time without Wilson
- Jets acquire Flacco from Eagles after injury to Wilson
- Davante Adams placed on COVID-19 list ahead of TNF vs. Cardinals
- Saints grind out MNF win, drop Seahawks to 2-5
- NFL Week 8 O/U best bets: Texans, Panthers offenses hard to trust