The Raiders ultimately didn't land a new passer following rumored interest in two of the class' top prospects, Kyler Murray and Dwayne Haskins, the latter of whom was available with the team's top first-round pick.
Carr said Tuesday there was a "minus-47 percent chance in my mind" Oakland would take a quarterback, but admitted to finding the process draining.
"Honestly, it got annoying after a while," Carr said after the team's first OTA practice, according to ESPN's Paul Gutierrez. "I'm like, 'Really, they don't have nothing else to talk about?' And I didn't help the situation, trying to challenge people to fights." (After being criticized by ESPN First Take's Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman in January, Carr tweeted out for the two TV analysts to meet him in the UFC's Octagon.)
The 2014 second-round pick appeared to be on track to become one of the league's best pivots after an MVP-caliber season in 2016. However, Carr's performance since then has failed to meet expectations, and the arrival of head coach Jon Gruden last year did little to help cement Carr's place as the team's franchise player.
Oakland could potentially move on from Carr following the 2019 campaign. Although he's contracted through 2022 after signing a $125-million extension in 2017, releasing him next offseason would incur a dead money hit of just $5 million versus a cap hit of $22.5 million, according to Spotrac.
Carr, though, is confident he's not going anywhere anytime soon.
"They pretty much said that, literally every time it came up," Carr said. "If it came up. And we're not just playing for this year. I'm honestly going to be here for a long time."