Report: Peyton Manning rejects chance to join MNF crew
Icon Sportswire / Getty

Peyton Manning has once again declined an opportunity to join ESPN's Monday Night Football broadcast crew, sources told Michael McCarthy of Sporting News.

The former quarterback rejected the network last year before it settled on Jason Witten to join Joe Tessitore and Booger McFarland in the booth. Witten left ESPN after one season, ending his retirement to rejoin the Dallas Cowboys.

Manning has been a hot commodity among broadcasting outlets since his retirement, but the 43-year-old has yet to bite on any offers.

ESPN president Jimmy Pitaro and content chief Connor Schell reportedly flew to Denver in March to meet with the five-time MVP about commentating for Monday Night Football. However, the network didn't make him a formal offer after sensing his lack of interest in the gig, sources told McCarthy.

Manning has instead opted to host a new ESPN+ series called "Peyton's Places," where he'll talk to former players, coaches, and other figures about the history of football and its cultural impact. He's also set to host the second season of his ESPN+ show "Detail," in which he breaks down film from NFL games throughout the season.

The two-time Super Bowl winner retired after the 2015 campaign following a storied career with the Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos.

Comments
Report: Peyton Manning rejects chance to join MNF crew
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox