Gold medalist Raisman says she was sexually abused by U.S. gymnastics doctor
Six-time American gold medalist Aly Raisman says she was sexually abused by disgraced U.S. gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar, according to CBS' "60 Minutes."
Raisman will talk about her experiences in an interview airing Sunday at 7 p.m. ET on the program. She spoke to federal authorities after the Rio Olympics in 2016.
Nassar is currently imprisoned on child pornography charges. He pleaded guilty in July and is awaiting sentencing.
Raisman says she was 15 when she first received treatment from Nassar. Now 23, she's one of many to accuse Nassar of sexual abuse. Over 130 women have filed civil lawsuits against Nassar, according to Sports Illustrated.
"I'm angry," Raisman says in her interview. "I just want to create change so that (young girls) never, ever have to go through this."
- Bridges' 32 points help Hornets pull away from Nets for first 3-0 start
- Report: Panthers expected to be involved in Watson trade talks
- Brady becomes 1st NFL player to reach 600 TD passes
- Protesters swarm Nets' arena ahead of home opener in support of Irving
- Chase racks up 201 yards as Bengals blow out Ravens