Alabama lands commitment from No. 2 CB Tony Mitchell
In-state cornerback Tony Mitchell announced his commitment to Alabama.
The native of Alabaster, Alabama, chose the Crimson Tide over finalists Georgia, Texas A&M, and Auburn.
"The player development and opportunity to win a national championship every year made it an easy decision for me," Mitchell told 247 Sports' Steve Wiltfong. "The best players go play at Alabama, and they produce first-rounders every year."
Mitchell is the second-ranked cornerback and No. 16 overall prospect in the 2023 recruiting class, per the ESPN 300.
The 6-foot-2, 190-pound defensive back is looking forward to focusing on his final season as a high school athlete.
"I just feel like it's the right time so I can focus on this upcoming season and get my fourth state championship with my team," he said.
He's the Crimson Tide's seventh verbal pledge of the class. Mitchell joins cornerback Jahlil Hurley and quarterback Eli Holstein among Alabama's committed prospects.
- Notre Dame AD: Big Ten deal with NBC 'perfect' for Irish
- Alabama's Earle to miss start of season with foot injury
- Wake Forest's Hartman out indefinitely with non-football medical condition
- Former Washington State coach Rolovich files wrongful termination claim
- Report: Big Ten finalizing deal with Fox Sports, CBS, NBC