No. 2-ranked RB Owens commits to Louisville
Four-star running back Rueben Owens II committed to Louisville on Monday.
Owens is the second-ranked running back and 29th overall prospect on the ESPN 300.
Lousiville beat out the likes of Texas, Texas A&M, and Georgia for his signature.
Owens racked up 2,989 yards and 46 touchdowns on the ground during the 2021 season for El Campo High School in Texas. He finished his high school career with 5,308 rushing yards, 76 rushing touchdowns, 366 receiving yards, and three receiving scores.
The running back is the latest big-time addition for the Cardinals, who are on course for their best recruiting class in recent memory.
Louisville's also landed commitments from wide receiver DeAndre Moore Jr. (No. 17 prospect), quarterback Pierce Clarkson (No. 137), cornerback Aaron Williams (No. 143), defensive end Adonijah Green (No. 146), and wide receiver Jahlil McClain (No. 261).
- Notre Dame AD: Big Ten deal with NBC 'perfect' for Irish
- Alabama's Earle to miss start of season with foot injury
- Wake Forest's Hartman out indefinitely with non-football medical condition
- Former Washington State coach Rolovich files wrongful termination claim
- Report: Big Ten finalizing deal with Fox Sports, CBS, NBC