Miami lands top-10 recruit Jalil Bethea
Miami made a big splash in next year's recruiting class.
Five-star prospect Jalil Bethea committed to the Hurricanes on Wednesday, he told 247Sports' Travis Branham.
The Philadelphia native is the No. 2 shooting guard and No. 7 overall recruit on the 2024 ESPN 100.
Miami edged out Kansas and Villanova for Bethea's services.
"I feel like Miami was the best fit for me out of all of the schools," Bethea said. "I just had more trust in Miami than everyone because there are a lot of familiar faces over there. ... I can just see myself improving and progressing at that level and at that stage."
Bethea joins 51st-ranked recruit Austin Swartz and three-star prospect Isaiah Johnson-Arigu in the Hurricanes' 2024 recruiting class.
Miami is coming off its first Final Four in program history and returns multiple members from that squad, including Nijel Pack, Norchad Omier, and Wooga Poplar.
- White's 27 points leads UNC-Wilmington to upset over No. 12 Kentucky
- Georgia Tech hands No. 7 Duke 2nd loss to unranked team this week
- Wisconsin takes down No. 3 Marquette to continue in-state rivalry success
- Love scores 14, No. 2 Arizona overwhelms Colgate in second half
- No. 8 Miami opens ACC play with win over Notre Dame