Report: Jazz among 4 teams interested in acquiring Herro in Lillard trade
Tyler Herro might soon be playing for a new team.
The Utah Jazz, Chicago Bulls, Charlotte Hornets, and Brooklyn Nets are among the potential teams willing to acquire the Miami Heat guard to help facilitate a multi-team deal that would send Portland Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard to South Beach, sources told Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports.
Trade talks to acquire Lillard have intensified, but no deal is imminent, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The Heat are not considered to be a part of those conversations.
Herro's $27-million salary for this upcoming season makes him one of the likely candidates to be included in a trade for the Blazers star. However, Portland already has a number of young guards on its roster, including Anfernee Simons, Shaedon Sharpe, and Scoot Henderson, the No. 3 pick in June's draft.
The Blazers have also strongly considered acquiring Phoenix Suns center Deandre Ayton if a multi-team trade were to occur, Fischer adds.
Herro, 23, averaged 20.1 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 4.2 assists in his first season as a full-time starter after winning Sixth Man of the Year in 2022. He is entering the first season of a four-year, $120-million contract.
- Durant moves into 10th on NBA's all-time scoring list in loss to Nuggets
- 'Our guys wanna win that Cup:' In-Season Tournament (mostly) a slam dunk
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Tatum ejected as Celtics edge shorthanded 76ers
- Banchero leads Magic past Wizards for franchise record-tying 9th straight win