Mavs sign 11-year vet Walker
In a corresponding move, Dallas waived guard Facundo Campazzo after signing 11-year veteran Walker.
Walker averaged 11.6 points and 3.5 assists over 37 games last season for the New York Knicks. The Knicks traded him to the Detroit Pistons on draft night as part of a three-team deal. Detroit waived Walker days after.
The 32-year-old guard made four consecutive All-Star appearances from 2017 to 2020 with the Charlotte Hornets and Boston Celtics. However, Walker struggled with knee issues during his final years in Boston. He hasn't played more than 56 regular-season games in one campaign since 2018-19.
Campazzo, a longtime Real Madrid guard, signed with the Mavericks shortly before the start of the season. He played just 52 total minutes over eight games with Dallas.
- Giannis erupts for 54 in Bucks' massive comeback win vs. Clippers
- 2023 NBA All-Star snubs: Siakam, AD headline notable omissions
- Crowning The King: Chronicling LeBron's path to Kareem's scoring record
- Luka exits with heel contusion in win vs. Pelicans
- Watch: Cavs' Mitchell, Grizzlies' Brooks ejected after scuffle