Report: Celtics' Udoka facing 2022-23 suspension for relationship with staffer
A formal announcement on the decision is expected as soon as Thursday.
Udoka's job reportedly isn't believed to be in jeopardy.
Boston will likely name current assistant coach Joe Mazzulla as Udoka's replacement, Wojnarowski adds.
The Celtics hired Udoka as head coach in June 2021 following Brad Stevens' move to the front office. In his first season in charge, Udoka led Boston to a 51-31 regular-season record - good for second in the Eastern Conference - and was named coach of the month in February and March.
The 45-year-old steered the side to the franchise's first NBA Finals appearance in 12 years, where they fell to the Golden State Warriors in six games.
- Report: Pacers, Hield working on trade after extension talks stall
- There's still time for last summer's win-now swings to pan out
- James Dolan: 'I don't really like owning teams'
- Dame: I'd 'lose every year' before joining Warriors
- Body camera footage shows Cavs' Altman being told he nearly caused accident