Report: Adebayo targeting return Monday vs. Raptors
The two-time All-Defensive selection last played on Nov. 29 and has been out for six weeks after undergoing thumb surgery. Adebayo is averaging 18.7 points, 10.2 rebounds, 3.2 assists, and 1.1 steals across 18 games this season.
Adebayo's return will likely diminish the production of Omar Yurtseven, who has carved out a role in Miami's rotation with the former sidelined. The Turkish big man has hauled in double-digit rebounds in 12 straight contests (eight starts) and posted 10.3 points and 13.8 boards per game over that span. Dewayne Dedmon should also feature less prominently in the Heat frontcourt with Adebayo back in action.
The Heat are currently 26-15 and sit tied for second in the Eastern Conference. Miami has gone 16-7 in the 23 games Adebayo has missed.
- Bridges ties season high as Suns win 6th straight game
- Lillard won't rule out sitting rest of season if Blazers 'play for a draft pick'
- Middleton leads Bucks past Kings in Giannis' absence
- Caruso to undergo wrist surgery, out at least 6-8 weeks
- NBA weekend best bets: Warriors, Cavs will bounce back vs. weak foes