Magic's Suggs expected to return Friday after 20-game absence
The fifth overall pick in last year's draft has missed the Magic's last 20 games with a fractured thumb after starting each of his first 21 contests to begin his NBA career.
"He's used the time, obviously, sitting with the coaches, studying film, understanding things on the sideline," said head coach Jamahl Mosley, per team reporter Dan Savage. "You'll see him sometimes get up and throw suggestions and things that he sees. I think that's fantastic."
A former star at Gonzaga, Suggs struggled with inefficiency while on the floor earlier this season, shooting just 34% from the field and 25.5% from 3-point range. The guard also averaged 3.2 turnovers compared to just 3.6 assists.
Fellow rookie Franz Wagner has filled much of the void for Orlando, averaging 18.6 points and 5.1 rebounds per game since Suggs went down.
- Bridges ties season high as Suns win 6th straight game
- Lillard won't rule out sitting rest of season if Blazers 'play for a draft pick'
- Middleton leads Bucks past Kings in Giannis' absence
- Caruso to undergo wrist surgery, out at least 6-8 weeks
- NBA weekend best bets: Warriors, Cavs will bounce back vs. weak foes