Report: Clippers' Batum expected to miss at least 10 days
The Los Angeles Clippers are expected to be without Nicolas Batum for at least 10 days after the veteran role player entered the NBA's health and safety protocols on Sunday, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.
Batum was first listed on the official league injury report at 3:30 p.m. ET, right as the team's game versus the visiting Dallas Mavericks was about to tip off.
The 32-year-old wing is enjoying another season as a key piece in the Clippers' rotation, averaging 9.8 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 1.1 assists in 27.6 minutes per game, the fifth-highest workload on the team.
The Clippers, now 10-7 after beating the Mavericks on Sunday, are in the middle of a lengthy homestand; even the team's next scheduled away game is at the Staples Center - a Dec. 3 contest against the Lakers.
Clippers' upcoming schedule
|Nov. 23||vs. Mavericks||10:30 p.m.|
|Nov. 26||vs. Pistons||3:30 p.m.|
|Nov. 28||vs. Warriors||3:30 p.m.|
|Nov. 29||vs. Pelicans||10:30 p.m.|
|Dec. 1||vs. Kings||10:30 p.m.|
|Dec. 3||at Lakers||10:00 p.m.|
- Report: Rockets open to Westbrook-Wall swap if Lakers include 1st-rounder
- LeBron scores 29 while playing center as Lakers defeat Magic
- NBA weekend best bets: Warriors, Cavs will bounce back vs. weak foes
- Jaren Jackson's defensive leap is powering the Grizzlies' rise
- Hawks hold off Heat for 3rd straight win