Report: Cavs trading Prince, 2022 2nd-rounder to T-Wolves for Rubio
The Cleveland Cavaliers are trading forward Taurean Prince, a 2022 second-round pick, and cash considerations to the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for guard Ricky Rubio, reports The Athletic's Jon Krawczynski.
Minnesota is creating a $4.75-million trade exception by dealing Rubio, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.
The Spaniard will earn $17.8 million in 2021-22, the final season of his three-year, $51-million contract.
Prince appeared in 41 games split between the Brooklyn Nets and Cavaliers last season. The veteran forward underwent season-ending ankle surgery in April.
- Melo 'can't be at peace' without winning title
- Siakam: Last year's struggles linked with not feeling like 'the guy'
- Gilgeous-Alexander: I want to be among the 'greatest to ever play'
- GOAT Sneaker Bracket: Final 4 an all-Jordan affair - Vote now!👇
- Report: Jahlil Okafor signing non-guaranteed deal with Hawks