Sandhagen finishes Song with doctor's stoppage in UFC main event
Cory Sandhagen took down Song Yadong via TKO (doctor's stoppage) in the main event of Saturday's UFC Fight Night event in Las Vegas.
Song suffered a deep cut above his eyebrow, which led to the stoppage following the fourth round. Sandhagen inflicted the decisive damage to Song with an elbow in the second round.
Both bantamweight competitors landed 130 strikes during the bout, but Sandhagen finished with 94 significant strikes compared to only 54 for Song, according to ESPN.
Sandhagen's victory moves him back into the win column for the first time since February 2021. The 30-year-old lost his last two fights before Saturday's main event, suffering defeats to T.J. Dillashaw and Petr Yan.
Meanwhile, Song's three-fight winning streak comes to an end following the loss to Sandhagen.
- Pimblett accepts Jake Paul's $1M sparring challenge under condition
- USADA: McGregor likely requires 6 months in testing pool before return
- Pacheco stuns undefeated Harrison to take PFL title, $1M prize
- Pereira fought Adesanya with torn ligaments in finger
- Prochazka vacates title; Blachowicz to fight Ankalaev for gold at UFC 282