Rakic tore ACL in loss to Blachowicz
Aleksandar Rakic tore the ACL in his right knee during Saturday's UFC Fight Night loss to Jan Blachowicz, Rakic's manager Marcelo Brigadeiro told ESPN's Marc Raimondi.
Rakic will undergo surgery, and his return timetable is unclear.
Rakic and Blachowicz put up a competitive fight in Las Vegas through two rounds. In Round 3, Blachowicz landed a leg kick, and Rakic's knee appeared to give out when he stepped backward. Rakic fell to the canvas clutching his knee, and referee Mark Smith waved off the fight.
The loss ended Rakic's two-fight winning streak. The 30-year-old had previously won six of his first seven UFC bouts. He entered the weekend as the No. 3-ranked light heavyweight.
- Dana White: Jones to fight either Ngannou or Miocic in heavyweight debut
- Murphy-Tate moving to UFC Long Island due to positive COVID-19 test
- Gamrot edges Tsarukyan in entertaining UFC main event
- Eblen dethrones Mousasi to capture middleweight title at Bellator 282
- Ray submits Pettis at PFL 5 to set up playoff rematch