Report: UFC targeting Luque-Neal for Aug. 6 Fight Night
A welterweight meeting between Vicente Luque and Geoff Neal is in the works for a UFC Fight Night card on Aug. 6, sources told ESPN's Brett Okamoto.
Luque was riding a four-fight win streak before falling to Belal Muhammad by decision in April. The 30-year-old's run included a KO against Randy Brown, a TKO on Niko Price, and submission victories over Michael Chiesa and Tyron Woodley.
Neal, 31, was victorious in his last appearance in the Octagon, defeating Santiago Ponzinibbio by split decision at UFC 269 in December. His win over Ponzinibbio snapped a two-bout losing skid.
Light heavyweights Thiago Santos and Jamahal Hill are reportedly expected to meet in the Aug. 6 main event. A location has not been announced.
- Dana White: Jones to fight either Ngannou or Miocic in heavyweight debut
- Murphy-Tate moving to UFC Long Island due to positive COVID-19 test
- Gamrot edges Tsarukyan in entertaining UFC main event
- Eblen dethrones Mousasi to capture middleweight title at Bellator 282
- Ray submits Pettis at PFL 5 to set up playoff rematch