Vettori unloads on Costa during faceoff: 'You lost to the f------ scale'
Warning: Video contains coarse language
UFC middleweight Marvin Vettori is known to express anger during prefight staredowns with his opponents for no apparent reason - but this time, his anger was justified.
Vettori hurled insults toward Paulo Costa and flashed the double birds as they came face to face Friday before their main-event bout on Saturday's UFC Fight Night card in Las Vegas.
Vettori's irritation stems from Costa's weight debacle earlier this week when Costa said he would be unable to make the 185-pound limit in time for Friday morning's weigh-in. The top contenders were initially scheduled to meet in the middleweight division, where they normally compete, but the fight was changed to a 195-pound catchweight bout and later a light heavyweight bout (205 pounds).
During their faceoff, Vettori told Costa he "lost to the f------ scale," adding that he planned to "punish" the Brazilian when they step into the Octagon on Saturday.
Both fighters made weight following the late switch, with Costa coming in at 204.5 pounds and Vettori at 204 pounds.
- Jake Paul to fight Woodley again after Tommy Fury pulls out
- Aldo upsets Font in exciting UFC main event
- Fiziev stops Riddell with spinning wheel kick in battle of prospects
- Jones: Adesanya would get 'ground-and-pounded to death' in fight
- Pettis rallies to KO Horiguchi with spinning back fist, retains title