Nate Diaz responds to old Luque callout: 'So let's fight'
Nate Diaz is down to share the Octagon with welterweight contender Vicente Luque.
On Monday, the UFC star tweeted a video from August 2020 of Luque calling him out after a victory, along with the words "So let's fight."
Luque has repeatedly expressed interest in fighting Diaz throughout the past year, doing so again following a submission win over former champion Tyron Woodley in March.
Diaz, one of the UFC's most popular fighters, has lost two straight fights. In his last contest, the 36-year-old dropped a unanimous decision to Leon Edwards at UFC 263 in June, though he nearly pulled off a Hail Mary comeback during the final minute.
The No. 4-ranked Luque is one of the division's hottest fighters. The Brazilian is coming off a submission win over Michael Chiesa in August, and he's won four straight.
- Vettori holds off Costa to win decision in UFC main event
- Fedor destroys Johnson with walk-off KO at Bellator 269
- White: Costa to proceed with career at light heavyweight
- McGregor vows to 'kill' Ferguson in cage after PED accusations
- Usman: Edwards not fighting for title because he 'shit the bed' vs. Diaz