Report: Rangers among serious suitors for Rodon
The Texas Rangers appear to be looking at the top of the free-agent market to address their issues with the rotation.
The Rangers are among the teams with the most serious interest in left-hander Carlos Rodon, according to MLB Network's Jon Morosi.
Rodon, 29, put together a terrific season for the San Francisco Giants in 2022. The hurler posted a 14-8 record with a 2.88 ERA and set career highs in innings pitched (178), strikeouts (237), and fWAR (6.2) across 31 starts.
Texas starters struggled to produce in 2022, ranking in the bottom third of the league in ERA and fWAR.
The Rangers have also been connected to two-time Cy Young winner Jacob deGrom this offseason, with reports indicating deGrom has shown interest in signing with Texas.
- Kiké Hernández suggests teams colluded 'with a capital C' in free agency
- Report: Snell willing to sign short-term deal with opt-outs
- Pirates' Skenes retires Orioles' Holliday in matchup of top picks
- Dodgers' Betts wants to be a 'legend in the game'
- Cubs benefit from market's lack of faith in Bellinger 2.0