Yankees DFA Miguel Andujar
The roster move ends a contentious relationship between Andujar and the Yankees.
The 27-year-old finished second in American League Rookie of the Year voting in 2018 when he hit .297/.328/.527 with 27 home runs and 92 RBIs.
Andujar has struggled to find consistent playing time for the Yankees since then, appearing in just 105 games over the last four seasons.
He reportedly requested a trade out of New York last June due to his frustration with being shuttled back and forth between the major and minor leagues.
The Dominican owns a .273/.303/.449 slash line with 35 homers and 122 RBIs in 990 career plate appearances.
The Yankees placed left-hander Wandy Peralta on the 15-day injured list with left thoracic spine tightness in a corresponding move. New York also reinstated left-hander Zack Britton from the 60-day IL.
- Pujols almost retired amid June slump
- For their last dance, the Cardinals are playing their greatest hits
- Report: Red Sox already had multiple meetings with Bogaerts
- Padres' Musgrove: I 'don't feel great' wearing Astros' 2017 WS ring
- MLB Playoff Power Rankings: Dissecting each team's World Series chances