Minor-league mascots letting it all hang out during MLB lockout
Baseball mascots have found an interesting way to kill time during Major League Baseball's lockout.
First, on Wednesday, the mascot for the West Coast League's Portland Pickles took over the team's Twitter account and posted a puzzling picture:
Then, on Friday, the Trenton Thunder - the former minor-league affiliate of the New York Yankees - tweeted out a video of their mascot, Boomer, re-enacting a well-known bit from "The Office" where the character Meredith wears a revealing dress during casual Friday:
The video, which also features the Thunder's front-office staff, was released to promote the team's "The Office Night." The event will feature Kate Flannery, the actress who played Meredith in the Emmy-winning comedy.
Until owners and players ratify a new collective bargaining agreement, minor-league mascots may continue to let it all hang out.
- Boone: Yankees 'should be ticked off' after shutout loss to Blue Jays
- Josh Naylor talks hockey, return from gruesome injury, and his new swing
- Astros' Alvarez transported to hospital after feeling ill on field
- McKenzie strikes out career-high 14 as Guardians rally to beat White Sox
- Padres' Snell cleared to pitch after car struck by suspected drunk driver