Report: Gray likely seeking 3- or 4-year deal after turning down Rockies offer
Gray, a pending free agent, is likely seeking a three- or four-year deal at $9-10 million per season, reports The Denver Post's Patrick Saunders.
The 29-year-old rejected a contract offer by the Rockies before the 2021 campaign ended, according to Saunders. Details of the deal weren't provided.
Despite rejecting the offer, Gray reportedly still has a desire to return to Colorado.
The Oklahoma native has been a fairly reliable starter for the Rockies considering he pitches in the league's friendliest park for hitters. He owns a 53-49 record with a 4.59 ERA and 3.91 FIP across 829 1/3 innings in seven seasons.
Colorado recently inked fellow starter Antonio Senzatela to a five-year, $50.5-million extension.
- Minoso, Hodges, O'Neil among 6 new inductees to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Manfred's letter should be call for players to dig in
- Report: Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees pursuing Seiya Suzuki
- Report: Galvis close to deal with Japan's Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks
- Daisuke Matsuzaka surprised by Ichiro during retirement ceremony